Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Several House Democrats sent a letter to the Labor Department seeking better protections for LGBT workers.
– Four same-sex couples have filed a suit in federal court challenging Indiana’s state law banning same-sex marriage.
– A black lesbian couple was found murdered behind a dumpster in Galveston County, Texas. They were both 24 and the vehicle they recently purchased together is missing.
– Motivated by young members of the party, Republicans at Oregon’s Dorchester Conference voted 233-162 to support marriage equality in the state.
– Mark Zmuda, who was fired as vice principal of Eastside Catholic School in Seattle for marrying his partner, has filed a suit against the school for discriminating against him.
– Republicans in Eden Prairie, Minnesota declined to endorse state Rep. Jenifer Loon (R) for reelection because of her support for marriage equality.
– Police detained several people carrying violent weapons and trying to interrupt a feminist rally that included LGBT support in Moscow, Russia.
– Sweden has become the fourth nation to withhold aid to Uganda over its anti-gay law.
– Openly gay Swedish soccer player Anton Hysén has signed to play with the Myrtle Beach Mutiny in South Carolina.