"The Morning Pride: March 13, 2014"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
- Occasional ThinkProgress contributor Andrew Cray explains how having health insurance saved his life and his livelihood.
- An Alabama judge has rejected a same-sex couple’s request for a divorce.
- According to PornHub, the three states that watch the most gay porn (per capita) are Mississippi, Louisiana, and Georgia.
- Kansas is considering a bill that would protect LGBT people from discrimination — mere weeks after considering a bill that would have had the opposite effect.
- Lithuania is considering its own version of Russia’s law banning “gay propaganda.”
- The Democratic Republic of Congo is considering an anti-gay bill like Uganda just passed.