Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Minnesota’s LGBT-inclusive anti-bullying bill has advanced to the Senate floor.
– Former Idaho state Sen. Nicole LeFavour (D), who is openly lesbian, hid in the Senate closet for several hours in protest of the legislature’s refusal to take up LGBT nondiscrimination protections.
– The new soon-to-be chairman if the Iowa Republican Party, Danny Carroll, has a long history of anti-LGBT social conservative views.
– Chick-fil-A’s Dan Cathy may be minimizing his anti-gay advocacy, but he’s still promoting other conservative Christians who are outspoken against marriage equality.
– West Virginia high school teacher David Foggin has been suspended for his Facebook post demeaning Parkersburg South gay-straight alliance.
– The Portuguese Parliament voted down a bill that would have extended adoption rights to same-sex couples.
– Meet Jacob Eleazer, a transgender soldier confronting the military’s ban on open service.