"The Morning Pride: April 4, 2014"
Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– The Alabama House passed a resolution calling for an amendment to the U.S. Constitution banning same-sex marriage without even telling all voting members what the proposed amendment would do.
– The Minnesota Senate has passed the Safe and Supportive Schools Act, an LGBT-inclusive anti-bullying bill, 36-31. It is expected to pass in the House, as it did last session.
– The DC Office of Human Rights has launched a new #safebathroomsDC public awareness campaign to help people understand that all single-stall restrooms are gender-neutral under law.
– Iowa’s The FAMiLY LEADER is worried that a new anti-bullying comic that portrays Bob Vander Plaats as a villain will lead to bullying against anti-gay Christians.
– When Honey Maid produced an ad that included same-sex families, it prompted a lot of reactions — here’s how the company handled them: