Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
– Luci Baines Johnson and Lynda Bird Johnson Robb both support marriage equality and believe their father, President Lyndon B. Johnson, would have as well.
– Though a majority of Nebraska lawmakers supportted an LGBT employment protection bill, it failed to overcome a filibuster.
– Brendan Eich wasn’t the only Silicon Valley employee to support California’s Proposition 8.
– A survey apparently distributed to all University of Kentucky students asking if they believe homosexuality is a sin, perversion, or mental illness.
– An Egyptian court has convicted four men of homosexuality and sentenced them to up to eight years in prison.
– Students at the University of Virginia are raising visibility of their LGBT population, including two openly gay members of the swim team. (#WeAreAllUVa)