Welcome to The Morning Pride, ThinkProgress LGBT’s daily round-up of the latest in LGBT policy, politics, and some culture too! Here’s what we’re reading this morning, but please let us know what stories you’re following as well. Follow us all day on Twitter at @TPEquality.
CREDIT: AP/Kim Raff
- A same-sex couple is planning to challenge South Dakota’s ban on same-sex marriage, but first they’re heading to Minnesota to get married.
- A Texas state judge ruled that a same-sex couple could divorce there.
- The Williams Institute estimates that marriage equality would bring $15.5 million to Utah over the first three years.
- Fauquier High School in Virginia has voted not to censor a novel about gay teens despite outcry from parents.
- Xavier University in Louisiana is inviting students to vote for anti-transgender discrimination.
- Anti-LGBT workplace discrimination is about more than just hiring and firing.
- President Obama has appointed Jason Collins to the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition.