Last updated: January 31, 2012
2. Purpose of the App; About CAPAF. CAPAF is a nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization, which is the sister advocacy organization of the Center for American Progress. CAPAF strives to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, advocacy and partnerships with other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world. Please note that CAPAF is a non-partisan organization. With the App, CAPAF seeks to provide a forum to advance progressive ideas and policies – not to advance the interests of any particular candidate for office or party.
Please be aware that in order to operate the App or redistribute materials you post through the App or otherwise submit to us, we require certain rights in those materials. So, by posting through the App or otherwise transmitting comments, pieces, ideas or other information in any form including visual or audio data (collectively, “Submissions”) to us, you grant to us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based on, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other provider of the Submissions.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
4. CAPAF’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through the App will remain the property of CAPAF and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by CAPAF (including photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by CAPAF are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by CAPAF.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on the App (collectively the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of CAPAF, CAPAF’s licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on the App not owned by CAPAF are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by CAPAF, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not CAPAF’s.
6. Information Available on or Through the App. Some information made available on or through the App is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Bloggers (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content in the App does not indicate any approval or endorsement by CAPAF of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed in the App by any user or other third party. CAPAF is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
7. Links. The App provides links to other websites and resources. Because CAPAF has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that CAPAF does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources, or for the availability of such external sites or resources. CAPAF is providing these links to you only as a convenience. CAPAF shall have the right, but not the obligation, at any time and in its sole discretion, to block links from or to the App through technological or other means, without prior notice.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by CAPAF infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the App should be sent to:
Center for American Progress Action Fund
1333 H Street, NW
Washington DC 20005
By email: email@example.com
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information when using the App in conjunction with Twitter or Facebook, this information may become public. CAPAF does not control the acts of other users of the App, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information through the App. If you believe a User is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Access By Minors. The App is intended for visitors aged 18 and up. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, device-specific parental controls, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
11. Jurisdictional Issues. The App is controlled and operated by CAPAF from its principal office in the District of Columbia, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject CAPAF to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access the App do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
13. Disclaimers. THE APP IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE APP, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CAPAF DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE APP.
14. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER CAPAF NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE APP AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE APP, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE APP. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE APP, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.
18. For texting functionality, standard data and text rates apply.
19. Standard data rates apply for all content accessed through the App, including the viewing of high-bandwidth videos.
These instructions are assume use of a desktop web browser and are subject to change whenever Facebook changes its site:
1. Log into your Facebook account using a web browser.
2. Click the drop-down menu next to “Home” and select Account Settings.
3. Choose Apps on the left-side menu.
4. Find the Entry for ThinkProgress Mobile. Click the x next to it and then hit the Remove button to confirm that you wish to revoke permissions.
You may re-grant the privileges by attempting to send a new Facebook message in the App.
These instructions are assume use of a desktop web browser and are subject to change whenever Twitter changes its site:
1. Log into your Twitter account using a web browser.
2. Click the drop-down menu on the upper-right side of the screen (next to your screen name) and choose the Settings option.
3. Choose the Applications tab near the top of the screen.
4. Find the entry for ThinkProgress Mobile and click the Revoke Access button.
You may re-grant the privileges by attempting to send a new Tweet in the App.
Center for American Progress Action Fund
1333 H Street, NW
Washington DC 20005