When the Washington Times named former Washington Post reporter John Solomon as the paper’s new executive editor, ThinkProgress criticized the decision due to Solomon’s controversial record. But, to Solomon’s credit, he is updating the Washington Times’ style guide by removing some of the “hard-line conservative rhetoric” that was common in the paper:
1) Clinton will be the headline word for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.
2) Gay is approved for copy and preferred over homosexual, except in clinical references or references to sexual activity.
3) The quotation marks will come off gay marriage (preferred over homosexual marriage).
4) Moderate is approved, but centrist is still allowed.
5) We will use illegal immigrants, not illegal aliens.