Welcome to your new and improved ThinkProgress! As you can see, we have given the site a fresh look while preserving the integrity of the old design. In addition to enhancing the graphics on the site, we’ve added a variety of new user functions that we hope you will use often. Here’s a summary of the new features:
– Most Popular box. On the top right hand corner, you will see a new feature that will allow you to view the most popular ThinkProgress posts according to three different metrics: 1) individual posts that have been most frequently linked to by other websites, 2) posts that have received the most number of comments, and 3) posts that have been most frequently e-mailed. [Update: We're still working on populating this box.]
– Search function. We have instituted a new Google search appliance that will hopefully provide for better search results.
– Tip box. On the right-hand sidebar, you will see a new tip box. If you ever have a news story or an idea that you would like to pass on to us, please use this feature. We love receiving tips!
– Progress Report graphic. Also on the right-hand sidebar, there is a new graphic that features the Progress Report, a daily e-newsletter written by the authors of ThinkProgress. The graphic will be changed each day to reflect the main item of that morning’s Progress Report. You can subscribe to receive the newsletter in your inbox by clicking here.
– “Share this.” At the bottom of each blog post, you’ll now see a “Share this” button. Click on that to see a variety of options that allow you to disseminate our content to your social networks.
– E-mail a post. By clicking on the “share this” button, you will see an option to e-mail a blog post. If you like our content, we hope you will send it to your friends and encourage them to visit ThinkProgress more often.
– Print a post. At the bottom of each post, you will see a print option. We created this option because many of our readers have asked us to provide an easier way to print out TP posts.
These are some of the important new features, but you’ll encounter many others as you browse around the site. We’d like to thank our friends at New Signature along with the tech staff at the Center for American Progress Action Fund for developing and implementing these new design concepts. We’ll continue to work to improve the site in whatever way we can.
Let us know what you think of the new look. We’re anxious to hear your feedback. Also, there are many more big announcements coming in the very near future. So stay tuned to ThinkProgress, and as always, thanks for reading.
UPDATE: We’re still working out some kinks this morning so please bear with us.