The Phoenix Business Journal reports:
A Tuesday fundraiser headlined by President Bush for U.S. Sen. John McCain’s presidential campaign is being moved out of the Phoenix Convention Center.
Sources familiar with the situation said the Bush-McCain event was not selling enough tickets to fill the Convention Center space, and that there were concerns about more anti-war protesters showing up outside the venue than attending the fundraiser inside.
Another source said there were concerns about the media covering the event.
Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal also reported that Bush’s “impact appears to be reduced” in raising money for congressional candidates as well. Through early May, he had raised only $36.6 million for GOP candidates, compared with $66.6 million last year.
Politico reports that the fundraiser is now scheduled to be held at a private home.