"Republican Members Of Congress Embrace Radical Anti-Obama Tea Party Protests"
Next week on Tax Day (April 15), right wing activists will converge in cities across the country to protest President Obama. The primary figures organizing the protests, the lobbyist-run think tank Freedom Works and bloggers such as Michelle Malkin, say they are reacting to taxes that are “too high.” However, previous tea party protests have attracted protesters who called for impeaching Obama while slurring the President’s name as “Obama Bin Lyin.”
Congressional Republicans have enthusiastically embraced the movement, with Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) sponsoring a bill to honor the protests. So far, at least 11 Republican lawmakers and governors have signed on to speak at local events:
– Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT) will be speaking at the Salt Lake City protest.
– Rep. Todd Tiahrt (R-KS) and a representative from Rep. Sam Graves’ (R-MO) office will be speaking at the Overland Park protest.
– Rep. John Fleming (R-LA) will be speaking at the Shreveport protest.
– Rep. Ander Crenshaw (R-FL) will be speaking at the Jacksonville protest.
– Rep. Bob Latta (R-OH) will be speaking at the Wauseon protest.
– Rep. John Shadegg (R-AZ) and former Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ) will be speaking at the Phoenix protest.
– Rep. Sue Myrick (R-NC) will be speaking at the Charlotte protest.
– Rep. Bill Posey (R-FL) will be speaking at the Brevard protest.
– Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) will be speaking at the Longview protest.
– Gov. Mark Sanford (R-SC) will be speaking at the protest in Columbia.