Tumblr Icon RSS Icon

Former government employee Dana Perino doesn’t trust the government.

By Ben Armbruster

"Former government employee Dana Perino doesn’t trust the government."

Share:

google plus icon

A recent Pew poll found that nearly 80 percent of Americans don’t trust the federal government and have little faith that it can solve the country’s problems, thus marking public confidence in the government at one of the lowest points in half a century. Last night on Fox News, host Greta Van Susteren asked former Bush administration White House Press Secretary Dana Perino about the poll. Perino, herself a former federal government employee, wondered what the other 20 percent of Americans polled in the Pew survey know that “the rest of us” do not:

PERINO: Well, I think it’s interesting that the 80 percent of the American people said they didn’t trust the government, and it sort of made me think, what do the other 20 percent know that the rest of us don’t know? Not a good number.

Watch it:

Perino later speculated that the massive discontent could be because of the rising deficits, which she said “this year alone higher than the last four years of the Bush administration combined.” She neglected to mention that her former boss is responsible for most of it.

‹ The WonkLine: April 20, 2010

Traditional Values Coalition Tells Senators To Block Judicial Nominee Because She’s A ‘Radical Lesbian’ ›

By clicking and submitting a comment I acknowledge the ThinkProgress Privacy Policy and agree to the ThinkProgress Terms of Use. I understand that my comments are also being governed by Facebook, Yahoo, AOL, or Hotmail’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policies as applicable, which can be found here.