"O’Reilly ‘Not Going To Play’ Old ‘Crazy’ O’Donnell Quotes That Are Already Available On Lexis-Nexis"
Last night on Fox News, Bill O’Reilly took a little jab at Bill Maher for releasing a clip from his Politically Incorrect program in 1999 where anti-masturbation crusader Christine O’Donnell said she “dabbled into witchcraft.” O’Reilly called Maher “very far left these days” and wondered if airing the video was “fair.”
The Fox News host then offered that he has clips of O’Donnell saying some “crazy stuff” on his show in the past, but that he’ll be fair to her and won’t release them “yet”:
O’REILLY: It just seems to me — I don’t know, Juan, I’m trying to be fair to Christine O’Donnell. She’s been on this program a number of times and we have some kind of crazy stuff that she said. We’re not going to play it yet. I don’t think it’s relevant yet. We’d still like Ms. O’Donnell to come on “The Factor.” I’m not in the business to injure her.
Perhaps O’Reilly has never heard of the information archive Lexis/Nexis. Or even if he has, maybe he doesn’t know that transcripts from his show are archived on that database. The difference in this case is that transcripts and video from Maher’s Politically Incorrect are not available to the public, as he noted Friday night when he released the tape. “You need to come on this show. If you don’t come on this show, I’m going to show a clip every week. I’m the only one who has them!”
But in O’Reilly’s case, he appears to be unaware that ThinkProgress (and others) already went through the transcripts of his past shows in which O’Donnell appeared and found some pretty interesting material:
– In 2002, O’Donnell railed against the popular TV show “Friends,” saying it was doing a “disservice to society.”
– On the Sept. 22, 2006 edition of O’Reilly’s show, O’Donnell warned there’s “a connection” between “freak dancing” and “date rape.”
– On Jan. 6, 2006, O’Donnell told O’Reilly that contraception is “anti-human.”
– In October 2007, O’Donnell warned on the Factor about mice with “fully functioning human brains.”
– And in January 2007, O’Donnell said told O’Reilly that she believes House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is a false Christian.
Check out our full document on Christine O’Donnell here.
Of course, if for some reason O’Reilly has any clips from O’Donnell’s appearances that didn’t make it on air, the American people — and particularly voters in Delaware — might be grateful if he could make them public.