"In Racially-Tinged Rant, Limbaugh Calls Obama A ‘Delinquent’ Whose ‘Presidency Is Graffiti’ On History"
Venomous shock jock Rush Limbaugh described President Obama as a “juvenile delinquent” in a rant on his radio show yesterday, and then posted the full transcript, which he titled “Obama’s Administration is Graffiti on the Walls of American History,” accompanied by a picture of “Obama graffiti” defacing Mount Rushmore. Andrew Sullivan highlights Limbaugh’s racially-tinged comments:
This guy is an utter wrecking ball all by himself on the world stage to the point now of getting embarrassing. This presidency of Obama’s, it doesn’t take much to irritate the left. Try this: “Barack Obama’s presidency is graffiti on the walls of American history.” That’s what his administration is. No more than graffiti on the walls of American history. We have a juvenile delinquent for a president who has ruined so much public and private property, not even his gang is making much of an effort here to protect him. It’s an utter disaster.
This is the image that appeared on Limbaugh’s website:
This is hardly the first time Limbaugh has equated African-Americans with “delinquent” “gang” members. Last year he stated that “the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.” Limbaugh also has a long history of poisoning the airwaves with racial diatribes about Obama and other black politicians:
– Earlier this week, Limbaugh proposed a new House Democratic leadership position for African-American Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-SC): “Driving Miss Nancy,” referring to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA). Driving Miss Daisy is a film about an African-American chauffeur.
– In September 2009, Limbaugh argued, “We need segregated buses. … This is Obama’s America.”
– In March 2009, Limbaugh said Obama “has a chip on his shoulder, and his wife does too, and they are some angry people.”
– In August 2008, Limbaugh claimed Americans were afraid to “criticize the little black man-child.”
– In May 2008, Limbaugh said Obama was “an affirmative action candidate.”
– In April 2007, Limbaugh played a song for his radio audience called “Barack the Magic Negro.”
– In January 2007, Limbaugh referred to Obama as a “halfrican American.”
While Limbaugh claims that “it doesn’t take much to irritate the left,” most Americans, regardless of their political affiliation, can identify Limbaugh’s racial pollution.