– At least seven Democratic senators have “declined to rule out supporting a temporary extension of the Bush-era income tax rates.”
– Attorney General Eric Holder will “meet with a House committee chairman Tuesday about turning over documents that might postpone a contempt vote for the nation’s top prosecutor.”
– Sixty-four percent of Americans “agree with President Obama’s decision to end the deportations of some illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, while thirty percent say they disagreed,” a new Bloomberg poll finds.
– “Asian Americans are the highest-income, best-educated and fastest-growing racial group in the United States,” a Pew Research Center poll finds, and have surpassed Hispanics “as the largest group of new immigrants to the United States”:
– And finally: True Blood creator Alan Ball says that Rick Santorum inspired the hit HBO show, pushing him to explore what “would it be like to have a theocracy in America.”