– World leaders “appeared to make only modest headway in persuading Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany to drop her opposition to more government spending to alleviate Europe’s debt crisis.”
– Democratic and GOP leaders are calling on Mitt Romney to take a leading role on the immigration issue, but the former Massachusetts governor has yet to discuss Obama’s deferred deportation directive with Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL).
– Canadian researchers have found that the gap in life expectancy between white and black men is at a new low, falling from 6.5 years to 5.4 between 2003 and 2008.
– The economic history of the last 2,000 years in one graph:
– And finally: Todd Palin will appear on NBC’s reality show “Stars Earn Stripes,” an upcoming series hosted by retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark. The premise: a celebrity cast competes in tough military training exercises.