"Morning Briefing: Conservatives To Host Hush-Hush Fundraising Retreats With Billionaires"
– Conservative donors are in for a big weekend: “Both Mitt Romney and billionaire industrialist brothers David and Charles Koch are holding hush-hush events with wealthy donors designed to keep the dollars coming in.”
– The federal government will “reject a lawsuit demanding information about drone strikes that target suspected terrorists overseas, saying releasing details on the program would have a major effect on counterterrorism efforts.”
– Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta went after the “dysfunction” in Congress on Thursday, saying, “One my greatest concerns as secretary is the dysfunction that we see in Washington. It threatens our security and it raises questions about the capacity of our democracy to respond to crisis.”
– Women’s athletics 40 years after Title IX — there are more women playing collegiate sports, “but women still have over 60,000 fewer participation opportunities than their male counterparts” and have fewer representation in the media:
– And finally: Montana Sen. Jon Tester’s “re-election campaign is offering a pair of Pearl Jam tickets in exchange for some info about his Republican opponent.”