"Morning Briefing: President Obama To Call For Tax Fairness"
– In a morning address later today, President Obama is expected to announce his support for a one-year extension of the Bush tax cuts for people making less than $250,000 a year, pivoting the campaign to the issue of fair taxes.
– Hundreds of protestors lined the streets and beaches of Southampton, Long Island yesterday, interrupting a $50,000 per plate fundraiser for Mitt Romney held at David Koch’s mansion. The local Patch has tons of photos.
– How long does it take you to earn enough money to pay for a gallon of milk? 99 Uniting broke down the numbers in this infographic:
- Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley (D) appeared on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, and unloaded on Mitt Romney for shipping jobs overseas and for refusing to disclose his assets kept in secret bank accounts abroad:
- And finally: former conservative darling Jonathan Krohn responded to his right-wing critics in an op-ed yesterday: “These are not adults leveling serious criticism; these are scorned right-wingers showing all the maturity of a little boy. No wonder I fit in so well when I was 13.” Ouch.