– Despite weaker-than-expected jobs numbers in the last few months, economists see signs of improvement in the overall economic health of the country.
– Faced with mounting public pressure ahead of the November elections, Republicans appear to be backing off a bill that would have provided for the largest cuts to the federal food stamp program in more than a decade.
– Former Michigan Governor and Current TV host Jennifer Granholm uncovered more evidence that Mitt Romney retained executive titles at Bain Capital well into 2003, more than three years after his campaign claims he stepped down from the company to head the Salt Lake City Olympic Organizing Committee:
– NPR revisits the state of the American Dream. [Click for the full infographic]:
– And Finally: House Speaker John Boehner got teary-eyed once again on Wednesday. Boehner welled up at during a ceremony honoring the late Italian artist Constantino Brumidi, the Huffington Post reports. Brumidi posthumously received a Congressional Gold Medal for his artwork displayed in the Capitol.