"Morning Briefing: House Conservatives Want Major Cuts — But Not Quite Yet"
– House Conservatives are pushing House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) to pass a stopgap spending bill and delay consideration of their deep cuts to government funding until 2013.
– Mitt Romney’s campaign event in Tampa yesterday featured government contractors who say they don’t need government.
– Fear of increased gun control, rather than the Colorado-type shootings, appears to be the reason for a spike in gun sales.
– The Sunlight Foundation puts the presidential candidates’ tax rates into historical context:
– A new right-wing PAC which has not yet identified any donors is running birther ads on cable television:
– And finally, a Missouri State Rep. will auction off an AR-15 rifle next month as a fundraiser — the same model that was allegedly used in the Colorado shootings.