– The New York Times observes that former reformer Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has gone from maverick to partisan.
– After Citizens United, could Karl Rove’s outside groups overtake the Republican Party?
– New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg backed Senator Scott Brown (R-MA) citing his support for one gun control measure, though the Boston Globe finds his opponent is far more supportive of gun safety laws.
– Wisconsin State Rep. Mark Pocan (D) says the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) is back and “just as right wing as ever”:
– And finally, Mother Jones invites readers to play “Two Truths and a Lie” with possible GOP vice presidential contenders.