– The man who killed two and wounded four at a shooting near the Texas A&M University campus was suffering from mental “difficulties” and had ben stockpiling weapons.
– Some Republican insiders fear that Paul Ryan may cost Mitt Romney and Congressional Republicans the election.
– Paul Ryan’s biggest budget cuts are to Medicaid, not Medicare:
– Mitt Romney will accuse Obama of waging yet another war — the war on coal.
– Paul Ryan “is one of a very few elected officials who have attended the Kochs’ biannual conferences, where wealthy donors sit in on seminars on runaway government spending and the myths of climate change,” the New York Times reports. Koch Industries PAC “has donated more than $100,000 to Mr. Ryan’s campaigns and his leadership PAC.”
– And finally: “First lady Michelle Obama shared a laugh with U.S. gymnast Gabby Douglas on ‘The Tonight Show’ on Monday.”