"Morning Briefing: Health Insurance Exchanges Planned In 49 States"
– Health insurance exchanges are being planned “in 49 states, while 34 states have begun building the exchanges” as part of the Affordable Care Act. They go online in 2014.
– Newark Mayor Cory Booker is openly hinting at a possible bid to unseat New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) in 2013.
– Colorlines takes a look at a Tea Party organization that is quietly building an army of right-wing volunteers to serve as poll watchers around the country this November, and what that could mean for voters:
– In a sit down interview with a local TV station last night, Paul Ryan spoke about his stance on abortion, on which he sides with Rep. Todd Akin over his running mate: “The method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life. But let’s remember that I’m joining the Romney-Ryan ticket, and the President makes policy. And the president — in this case the future President Mitt Romney — has exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother, which is a vast improvement of where we are right now.”
– And finally: Beer enthusiasts are calling for more government transparency — about the White House’s beer recipe. Over 4,000 people have signed onto a petition on the White House website asking the administration to reveal all the ingredients in its special brew. ABC has confirmed that at least one ingredient is honey from the White House bees.