– By highlighting federal programs like the National Weather Service, or evacuation assistance from Washington, the approach of Tropical Storm Isaac is making it harder for the Republicans to sell the anti-government message they relied on in 2010.
– Tropical Storm Isaac will be the most significant test yet of New Orleans rebuilt system of levees.
– High volume trading has not been working out well since the recession:
– Today is the 49th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech:
– And finally, David Brooks writes what may be the most surreal op-ed of this election season.