"Morning Briefing: Isaac Overcomes Levees In Louisiana"
– Isaac, now a full-blown hurricane, has arrived in Louisiana, with flood waters overcoming levees in Plaquemines Parish.
– A federal court in Washington struck down Texas’ new congressional map yesterday, ruling the plan was enacted with “discriminatory purposes” against Hispanics.
– Incidentally, here’s what defense spending would look like under Romney’s preferred plan:
– After a Republican Convention attendee reportedly threw nuts at an African-American camerawoman and made derogatory statements, the RNC released a statement calling the incident “deplorable” and “unacceptable.”
– And finally, Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan jokingly offered Ann Romney a cameo role as officiant at the wedding of two gay characters on the show, “as soon as it’s legal.”