"Morning Briefing: European Central Bank Gears Up For Monetary Stimulus"
– In a move that could have consequences for Europe’s — and by extension, America’s — economy, the new head of the European Central Bank is drafting plans for new monetary stimulus in the Eurozone, in defiance of criticism from Germany’s Bundesbank.
– The United States outpaces France, Germany, and Britain in deaths that could be prevented by providing timely health care.
– Contrary to the idea that more domestic drilling would bring energy independence, most of the oil and natural gas on federal lands is already available:
– Romney has promised to repeal Dodd-Frank, President Obama’s major financial reform bill, in its entirety; but he’ll probably just undo its restrictions on risky behavior by the financial industry.
– And finally, President Obama announced he will release his microbrew beer recipe.