"Morning Briefing: Occupy Wall Street, 1 Year Later"
- Protesters are planning to mark the occasion of Occupy Wall Street’s anniversary with demonstrations all over the country. About 200 people were gathered at Zuccotti by 7 am Monday morning.
– The New York Times leads today with a profile scrutinizing Tea Party group True the Vote, which purports to protect election integrity via a network of poll watchers, voter ID laws and voter purges.
– A new poll finds a majority of Colorado voters now support Amendment 64, a November ballot initiative to legalize and regulate marijuana:
– Saturday Night Live opened its season with a new Barack Obama played by Jay Pharoah:
– And finally, the National Zoo welcomed a baby panda Sunday night, the first cub to be born in DC since 2006.