Vote Vets ad ties BP disaster with national security

"Vote Vets ad ties BP disaster with national security"

In must-see video, Vet who served in clean-up with LA National Guard, explains “When I signed on with the National Guard, I did it to help protect America from our enemies… Not to clean up an oil company’s mess here in the Gulf of Mexico.”

Polls show that Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans overwhelmingly support clean energy and climate legislation

Vote Vets has another hard-hitting ad tying the BP oil disaster with the threat our dependence on fossil fuels poses to our national security:

Related Post:

7 Responses to Vote Vets ad ties BP disaster with national security

1. catman306 says:

Excellent!

More please!

2. robhon says:

Now THAT is an excellent ad!! Good work!

3. Daniel Ives says:

Very good ad. I think the most important thing we can do to build support from conservatives is to frame this as a national security issue, which it plainly is. I can only hope that more ads like this will put immense pressure on Republican Senators to act.

4. Doug Bostrom says:

How about an ad (who to do it?) tying unemployment and economic misery with extreme weather events, such as the Tennessee disaster Joe has been highlighting?

5. BobSmith says:

I wonder if this ad is shown during busy and/or conservative leaning programs.

6. Wit's End says:

Absolutely brilliant but a little bit of unintended irony…

““When I signed on with the National Guard, I did it to help protect America from our enemies…”

a. coal and multi-national oil companies are the enemy and

b. deniers (especially those paid by coal and multi-national oil companies) are the enemy – and plenty of them are American.