(TheWeatherSpace.com) – After more than 30 years, Long Range and Expert Meteorologist Joe Bastardi has resigned from Accuweather.com
Jesse Ferrell of Accuweather.com officially announced the rumor as true, leaking it to a known weather forum.
A call into Accuweather to confirm this was met with a hostile person on the other end that declined to comment on why Bastardi left, ending up in a hang up.
“I don’t think we’ve issued an official release, but what I posted on his facebook page serves as truth”, Ferrell said.
Well, who knows, maybe Accuweather reads ClimateProgress [see "How many major scientific misstatements does Joe Bastardi have to make before In-Accuweather fires him as their chief long-range forecaster?" As expected, he rejects my bet. He says that if he's wrong, he'll be "driven from the field"].
Probably not, I suppose, but he wasn’t helping their reputation as the self-proclaimed “World’s Weather Authority” with his absurdly anti-scientific long-range forecasts claiming we are headed back to 1970s levels of temperature and Arctic sea ice cover (see “I accept Joe Bastardi’s wager on global warming “” and I also challenge him to one on Arctic sea ice“).
As I said last year, if he does leave, I expect FoxNews will hire him as their ‘forecaster’. Any wagers on how fast that happens?
- Long wrong Joe Bastardi cooks the books to smear NSIDC. Time for Accuweather to fire him: National Snow & Ice Data Center explains Bastardi can’t read graphs and “is unclear as to how standardized anomalies are derived”
- Joe Bastardi can’t read a temperature anomaly map and so spins another conspiracy theory: Says pre-1978 temperatures use “magic readjustment”
- Accuweather’s Joe Bastardi admits, “Earth continues warmest winter since satellite measurements started”: Then he invents a new, self-contradictory theory of warming.
- Meteorological Malpractice: Accuweather’s Joe Bastardi pushes the “70s Ice Age Scare” myth again
- O’Reilly’s weatherman, befuddled Bastardi: “Global cooling is actually a cause of drought in California”
- Joe Bastardi asserts “The coming cooling of the planet overall will return it to where it was in the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s”