"Over 60 New York Solar Companies Say They Can Help Fox’s Bill O’Reilly Go Solar — Will He Live Up to His Word?"

Fox News pundit Bill O’Reilly likes to say he operates in a “no spin zone.” So when O’Reilly proclaimed recently that he wanted to install solar on his Long Island home, dozens of solar companies in New York took him at his word.

Speaking on his show to Alan Colmes last week, O’Reilly said he was ready to buy a solar system, but that he couldn’t find anyone in the area to do it: “There’s nowhere, no one,” he exclaimed.

Well, today, his predicament is solved. A group of 60 New York-based solar companies have signed an open letter to Mr. O’Reilly explaining that they’d be more than willing to help him make an investment in solar:

Dear Mr. O’Reilly,

We hear you are ready to go solar pending your ability to locate a solar provider. We represent some of the hundreds of solar companies currently operating in New York State. We would be happy to help you get started with your investment in solar so you can join the many New Yorkers who are already saving money on their monthly utility bills by generating their own power.
Signed,

SolarCity
Sungevity
Sunrise Energy Concepts
SunRun
Suntech America
Trinity Solar
Alliance for Clean Energy New York (ACE NY) – representing 20 companies with solar operations in New York.
Long Island Solar Energy Industries Association (LIPA) – representing 25 solar electric contractors on Long Island.

Dave Llorens, CEO of the fast-growing solar company One Block Off the Grid, says he could draft a quote for O’Reilly in minutes:

“There are tons of solar installers that work on Long Island. We can show him the economics of solar (and they are strong there) by whipping up a quote for his house in 10 minutes. If Bill is serious about actually installing solar, we’d be delighted to help him understand the investment.”

So there you have it: Can we take Bill O’Reilly, the self-proclaimed master of “no spin,” at his word? With the cost of solar continuing to fall and dozens of companies to choose from, this is the perfect opportunity for him to invest in a system.

If you want to see O’Reilly back up his word, we suggest sending him this tweet:

Over 60 NY #solar companies can help Bill O’Reilly of the @oreillyfactor install a system. Will he live up to his word? http://bit.ly/tjdR1B

17 Responses to Over 60 New York Solar Companies Say They Can Help Fox’s Bill O’Reilly Go Solar — Will He Live Up to His Word?

1. Tom Lenz says:

Solar won’t be welcomed in the No Spine Zone.

• Mulga Mumblebrain says:

Actually, Bill is from New Guinea, and he’s from the ‘nose-pin zone’ down ’round the Fly River. He takes his out (it’s a bone, actually) when leaving home, so as not to offend the delicate sensitivities of his acolytes.

2. M Tucker says:

If only this inexhaustible supply of hot air could be harnessed to spin a turbine generator.

3. Tom Lenz says:

Not only will he live up to his word he’ll make of huge show of it because he is so honorable. Then he’ll whine and complain nightly for months until having the entire system removed because it just doesn’t work as advertised. Easy spin.

4. Mike Roddy says:

He won’t do it. Those guys love black smoke and fire. Something clean and practical gives them the heebee jeebies.

5. Bill says:

I would be very surprised if he follows through with this. Just like Sean Hannity who promised to let himself be water Boarded to prove it was not torture, but never did, he will come up with some rational excuse not to follow through.

6. Heather says:

I emailed him and asked:

oreilly@foxnews.com

Hoping I get a reply soon.

Signed off by telling him to “shine on”.

7. prokaryotes says:

Study Shows Fox News Viewers Less Informed on Major Stories
    University Prof: No news better than Fox News when it comes to information. http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/11/21/fairleigh_dickinson_publicmind_poll_shows_fox_news_viewers_less_informed_on_major_news_stories.html

8. Anne says:

Did you know? “W”‘s mansion in Crawford Texas — George W. Bush — had a large solar system installed there and many high-tech energy efficiency features. So, he walked the walk (at home) but didn’t do anything to promote solar for “the other 99%” in his administration.

9. BBHY says:

I’ve had my solar panels for 4 years and they work great. If we can get Bill to go solar, maybe next we can get him into an electric car.
    I think he would really like the Tesla Model S.

Then again, all the oil companies that advertise on his show would not like that one bit, so it’s not likely.

10. Daniel J. Andrews says:

” “There’s nowhere, no one,””

Reminds me of his “You can’t explain that” comment on he was talking about tides coming in, tides going out, not a misstep, you can’t explain that. All it means is that he doesn’t know, hasn’t looked.

Tom @3–you’re probably right. Or he’ll throw up so many roadblocks that no-one will want to put solar at his place.

11. Scharmel Roussel says:

I e-mailed Mr. Bill at oreilly@foxnews.com with the following message.
    I am relieved to see that more than 60 solar companies in NY are willing to help you install a solar system. They are great and generous Americans, and I appreciate them. I know you do too.
    The solar panels on my home have exceeded my expectations over the past two years. Actually, they have exceeded the manufacturer’s estimate also. Too bad they were not manufactured in the U.S. I look forward to the day when the U.S. is competitive in the alternative energy industry.
    Even on days when we have light rain or light snow in Arkansas, the solar panels produce energy and feed it into the grid – not at full capacity but still producing energy without burning any fossil fuels. Most months my electricity bill is 0 – except for the taxes and fees everyone pays. Most days, I generate more power than I consume. Excess energy produced carries over from one month to the next – except at the end of December when I have to let built-up excess energy go back to the electricity company. I am happy to share with others who benefit from the excess energy my solar panels produced.
    I know your experience with your solar system also will be enlightening.
    If you would like photographs, I will be happy to share.
    Peace,
    Scharmel in Arkansas

12. Diego Matter says:

Instead of giving Fox’s Bill O’Reilly your time to think about his intentions behind his words,

YOU should install solar on YOUR roof today.

The climate crisis needs YOUR ACTION, not Bills stupid comments.

And secondly, have YOU implemented all possible energy efficiency measures in YOUR HOUSE?

Diego