– President Obama attacked Mitt Romney for his lack of foreign policy credentials yesterday during a speech to the VFW. Presumably referring to Romney, Obama said: If anyone tries to tell you our greatness is past, that America is in decline, you tell them this. Like the 20th century, the 21st century will be another great American century. We are Americans, blessed with the greatest form of government ever devised by man.”
– Syrian officials warned yesterday that it would use chemical weapons against any foreign military force attempting to intervene in the growing civil war there. U.S. officials called the warning the most “direct confirmation” that Syria possesses such weapons.
– U.S. officials have said they are still struggling to develop a clear understanding of the Syrian rebel forces.
– Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and John McCain (R-AZ) are launching a tour of key battleground states to build support for eliminating the military spending sequester.
– Just two weeks after leaving Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, Kadima party leader Shaul Mofaz said he would not support Israeli military “adventures,” comments that some have interpreted as referring to an attack on Iran.