– President Obama yesterday threatened the use of military force in Syria if there were indications that President Bashar al-Assad is preparing to use the country’s arsenal of chemical weapons.
– Syrian opposition forces say that the U.S. has failed to live to promises of delivering communications and other equipment needed to fight government forces.
– After 10 years of war, a new survey found morale of Army officers and enlisted soldiers at an all-time low.
– Reuters reports: Insurgents fired two rockets at the main NATO airbase in Afghanistan, damaging an aircraft used by U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Martin Dempsey, a NATO spokesman said on Tuesday. The general was not on board at the time.
– Dempsey said yesterday that the U.S. and its NATO allies are discussing new measures to combat attacks on international troops by their Afghan colleagues, amid a rise in so-called green-on-blue killings.