ThinkProgress has an immediate opening for an Audience Engagement Coordinator with a creative spirit, aptitude for writing, and strong interest in analytics to help generate headlines for A/B testing, post social media content, and analyze results.
This position will report to the Senior Audience Engagement Editor, work with the audience team, and directly with reporters on a daily basis to optimize our content and present it to our audience via social media.
Strong familiarity with new media trends, online consumer behavior, and the nuances of the big three social platforms are an absolute must. Successful applicants subconsciously notice patterns in the way online users behave, understand the value of data, take an analytical approach to decision making, and are fascinated by the way social media shapes the political conversation.
Successful applicants will have a robust social media presence, some blogging or online writing experience, and a demonstrated interest in the new media landscape.
- Generate alternate headlines for optimization testing
- Consult with reporters to create compelling social packages
- Monitor social media for underreported or trending topics
- Quickly and accurately post content to social media
- Community moderation on our Facebook page
- Steward our Twitter account’s voice, in line with our editorial guidelines
Requirements and qualifications
- 2–4 years of social media experience, preferably at a media organization (internships and campus publications ok)
- Flawless spelling and grammar — even on the fly
- A natural knack for narrative and framing
- Experience with Chartbeat, Parsley, Google Analytics, or Tweetdeck a plus
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by WGA East. It is based in Washington, D.C.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Phoebe Gavin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the exact title of the job in the subject line. No phone calls, please.