Do you want to join the ThinkProgress team? Get in touch! We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
Business & Operations Manager
ThinkProgress has an immediate opening for a Business & Operations Manager to spearhead revenue growth strategies, primarily by overseeing advertising and donor programs.
This is a dynamic role in a fast-paced newsroom with a lot of potential for experimentation and growth. Ideal candidates will have a diverse range of technological, marketing, and development skills; an understanding of ThinkProgress’ mission and role in online media; and the communication skills to effectively work with both technical and editorial stakeholders.
- Oversee a membership program to attract monthly donors, including identifying program growth opportunities, managing messaging strategies, and tracking analytics
- Manage advertising units and report ad campaigns
- Liaison between developers and editorial staff to maintain ThinkProgress’ website, including scoping development requests and conducting acceptance testing
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience with planning, developing, evaluating, and growing a donor program
- Experience with major ad exchanges and knowledge of the programmatic landscape, including familiarity with DFP, header bidding, brand safety, private marketplaces, and real time bidding
- Ability to communicate well with both developers and non-technical stakeholders
- Flexibility to quickly learn new systems and develop new technical skills as needed
Candidates who would excel in this position:
- Have a high level of comfort with data analysis and reporting
- Thrive in customer support and project management roles
- Have established relationships with agencies, PR firms, or brands that align with ThinkProgress
This position is not for candidates who:
- Have no understanding of trends in news media and web technology
- Prefer to have a specialized role within a larger marketing team
- Struggle to juggle multiple projects on different tracks
Please follow this link to apply through our online application application system. You will be asked to register an email and password in order to gain access to the system. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.