Do you want to join the ThinkProgress team? Get in touch! We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
Are you a fast video editor who is impassioned by politics? ThinkProgress is seeking a dynamic Producer/Editor to join our team and help grow our video presence online. This person will be responsible for pitching, producing and editing quick-turnaround videos that revolve around the daily news cycle, with regular opportunities to work on longer, more in depth stories.
The ideal candidate thinks outside the box and is able be able to identify themes within the media and political landscape. Candidates must come to work ready with multiple pitches to creatively execute. We want this person to care about the truth as much as we do. Loving politics is a must.
In addition to producing their own videos, this person will also work directly with editors and reporters to create compelling visual complements for ThinkProgress’ written content. Excellent editing skills with a strong attention to detail is required. Motions graphics and/or camera skills are a plus.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by WGA East. It is based in Washington, D.C.
- Work in collaboration with ThinkProgress’ editorial staff to produce short-form video content
- Closely monitor the news and generate original ideas for videos.
- Pitch, produce and edit 1-2 short-form videos daily.
- Think creatively about quick-turn video formats
- Producer longer-form content and Facebook Live, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and qualifications:
- One to two years of relevant experience
- A solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news
- High proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro or other non-linear editing software
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with motion graphics, shooting video, and YouTube is preferred but not required
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line VIDEO EDITOR. No phone calls, please.
Are you a video journalist interested in digital news? ThinkProgress is looking for an intern to join the video team and help produce daily news stories. Interns will work closely with producers to write and edit quick-turnaround videos while working on their camera and livestreaming skills. This internship is best suited for students with a journalism and digital media background who are looking for hands-on experience with fast-paced team. Non-linear editing experience is a must. This internship is paid.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and clips to email@example.com with the subject line VIDEO INTERN. No phone calls, please.