Some readers have told me they wanted a weekly “Best of Climate Progress.” Apparently they don’t have time to check out the site every day. Hard to believe but true!
So I’m starting a new feature, and if it is popular, I will continue it. Please feel free to add links to stories or blog posts from the week that you think deserve attention.
So much happened this week from reaction to Obama’s caving on the ozone rule to amazing climate extremes to the emergence of anti-science extremist Rick Perry as the GOP front runner. The biggest story may be the redoubled attacks attacks on clean energy by the right wing just as the Chinese are putting in place policies to achieve permanent supremacy in what will almost certainly be the biggest high-wage job creating sector of the next few decades.
So the post of the week is “Top 10 Reasons Why Clean Energy Jobs Are Vital to Our Economy.”
Here is the week in review as told in the most popular Climate Progress posts:
- Is President Obama a Lost Cause Environmentally — and What Should Progressives Do?
- Krugman Slams “Latest Obama Cave-In,” Explains Why “Tighter Ozone Regulation Would Actually Have Created Jobs”
- Robert Redford: Is the Obama Administration Putting Corporate Profits Above Public Health?
- Hell and High Water Stoke Texas Blaze: “No One on the Face of This Earth has Ever Fought Fires in These Extreme Conditions”
- Arctic Death Spiral Continues: Sea Ice Volume Hits Record Low for Second Straight Year
- “An Extreme Rainfall Event Unprecedented in Recorded History Has Hit the Binghamton, New York Area”
- Rick Perry: The EPA ‘Won’t Know What Hit ‘Em’
- Rick Perry’s Inane Miscue on Galileo and Climate Change
CLEAN ENERGY JOBS
- Conservative Media Inanely Declare Solar Power ‘Doesn’t Work’
- In The Future, The Only Jobs Left Will Be Green
- Key Source Disputes Misleading NY Times Green Jobs Story: ‘It’s Like the Facts Were Misstated … to Put Forward an Agenda’
- Solar Comes of Age: SolarCity to Double PV Systems on Americans Homes by 2016
- China’s New Plan for Solar Power Supremacy
- Are the Chinese Using Predatory Pricing to Knock America Out of Solar Manufacturing?
TAR SANDS PIPELINE
- A Climate Movement Is Born: Ozone Decision Spikes Total Arrests to 1,252 at White House Pipeline Protest
OTHER TOP POSTS:
- Christie Stunner: NJ Gov Met With Pollutocrat Koch Before Pulling Out of Successful Carbon Pollution Reduction Program
- Natural Gas Bombshell: Switching From Coal to Gas Increases Warming for Decades, Has Minimal Benefit Even in 2100
- Must-Read Tell All: “Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult”