Traffic is up 50% as Climate Progress has been providing readers the most comprehensive coverage on the BP oil disaster — from the causes to the human impacts to the policy implications — for free!
So I thought I’d take the opportunity to plug my book, which devotes an entire chapter to peak oil and what to do about it, and another to the “clean energy solution.” In other chapters, the book explains how the media and the anti-science disinformers have undercut efforts to mobilize the kind of political effort the country needs to dramatically reduce fossil fuel use once and for all.
If you haven’t bought Straight Up yet, you’re missing:
- one of the “two books that you must read” to be “culturally literate about climate change”
- a book Al Gore recommended in a tweet (!) and blog post
- a book featured in a Tom Friedman column
- a book of which Ross Gelbspan writes “if you think the most pressing task today is to limit the coming damage through a transition to non-carbon technologies, I can’t think of a better place to start than by reading Straight Up.”
Obama may not want to take this moment to make the case for the clean, safe energy of the 21st century that never runs out. But it strikes me as a good time to revisit the issue of how we end our addiction to oil, so I’ll be posting more on that in the coming days.
- Energy efficiency is THE core climate solution, Part 1: The biggest low-carbon resource by far
- Plug-in hybrids and electric cars “” a core climate solution
- Are biofuels a core climate solution?