Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Major Republican donors begin the general election season by dumping millions of dollars into Republican Super PACs.
- Meanwhile, Garrett Epps explains why the dysfunction in our campaign finance system began long before the Supreme Court’s election-buying decision in Citizens United.
- Until the 1970s, the NRA supported gun control laws.
- The Supreme Court heard arguments in a case about whether drug company sale representatives should receive overtime pay.
- The justices also turned away another attempt by former Enron head Jeff Skilling to appeal his corporate fraud conviction.