Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The American Bar Association’s governing body passed a resolution last night formally opposing efforts to rewrite the Constitution to strip children born to undocumented immigrants within the United States of their citizenship.
- The Obama administration has launched more than 70 investigations into whether school districts are denying black and Hispanic high school students access to science, technology, engineering and mathematics courses and other educational opportunities.
- Montana will appeal a court decision that made it easier to sell medical marijuana in that state.
- NPR profiles David Yerushalmi, the anti-Islamic lawyer behind much of the paranoid attempts to ban Shariah law. When he’s not engaged in anti-Islamic bigotry, Yerushalmi is also a key player in the meritless lawsuits challenging the Affordable Care Act.
- The Minnesota AFL-CIO formally opposes an anti-gay ballot measure that would insert a ban on same-sex marriage into the Minnesota Constitution.
- And, finally, congratulations to Waukesha County, Wisconsin Clerk Kathy Nickolaus, who appears to have overseen an entire recall election without misplacing thousands of ballots!