Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg told an audience at Columbia Law School that Roe v. Wade was probably decided too soon.
- Meanwhile, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre describes Ginsburg, who probably did more to guarantee equal constitutional rights to women than any other living American, to a “giddy school girl.”
- Tenther Sen. Mike Lee’s (R-UT) Constitutional Conservatives Fund, which he began to elect people who share his belief that pretty much everything is unconstitutional, turns out to be a fundraising dud. It raised only $26,000 while spending close to $29,000 in the final half of 2011.
- Washington state supreme court Justice Mary Fairhurst has terminal colon cancer.
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is lobbying his state’s legislature for a statewide guns registry. Currently, no such registry exists in Illinois.
- The Conservative Political Action Conference hosted an entire panel celebrating the Supreme Court’s election buying decision in Citizens United.