Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Sens. Max Baucus and Jon Tester (D-MO) both support a constitutional amendment overruling Citizens United.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) tries to sabotage a marriage equality bill making its way through the state legislature by proposing a referendum on a constitutional amendment.
- Meanwhile, the board which oversees Virginia’s juvenile correctional facilities rejected Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s (R-VA) attempt to scuttle their plans to ban anti-gay discrimination in their facilities — although their proposed policy still must be approved by conservative Gov. Bob McDonnell’s office.
- A New Hampshire judge ruled a city ordinance banning sex offenders from living within 2,500 feet of a school unconstitutional.
- Four justices — Roberts, Kennedy, Ginsburg and Kagan — attended last night’s State of the Union. There’s nothing useful that can be read into this fact.