Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- GOP Rep. Michael Grimm (NY) has been cleared by the independent watchdog Office of Congressional Ethics of any fundraising violations.
- Lyle Denniston, who has reported on the Supreme Court for 54 years, explains that the Constitution does not grant the President the power to unilaterally repeal a law.
- A surprise one-day strike by court clerks and support staff closed down many San Francisco courtrooms yesterday.
- Judge Frederic Block has the inside story on Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor in his new book Disrobed.
- Above the Law has an infographic depicting America’s obsession with lawsuits.