Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Conservatives are salivating over Texas Republican Senate candidate Ted Cruz, a racial tenther and nullificationist who makes Antonin Scalia look like Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
- The North Carolina legislature overrode Gov. Bev Perdue’s (D) veto of an unpopular budget that, among other things, defunds Planned Parenthood.
- The AFL-CIO is going to federal court to challenge Gov. Scott Walker’s (R-WI) assault on Wisconsin workers.
- The New Hampshire Supreme Court smacked down an attempt to force that states’ Attorney General to join the Affordable Care Act lawsuits.
- Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS) is throwing a tantrum about judicial nominee Steve Six, because Six refused to conduct a witchhunt against Planned Parenthood and Dr. George Tiller when Six was Kansas’ Attorney General.
- Three courts have struck down campaign finance laws in the last eight days.