Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Retired Justice Sandra Day O’Connor is not a fan of Citizens United
. “I very much doubt that the framers of the Constitution, when they wrote the first Amendment . . . I don’t think they had corporations in mind, to tell the truth.”
- Justice Clarence Thomas would rather cite 18th Century parenting guides than actually follow the Constitution.
- Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) and Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) are guests at the Koch brothers’ infamous fundraising meeting for right-wing political donors.
- Minnesota’s Attorney General is asking the states’ courts to mitigate some of the harm from an impending government shutdown.
- The Supreme Court will consider the FCC’s indecency rules.
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations Action Network can move forward with a lawsuit against a right-wing political operative who got an internship with group in order to spy on them.
- Michele Bachmann claims that health reform’s insurance coverage requirement is unconstitutional at the state level, a vision of the Constitution that has no business in this century.