Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- As America waits to see whether Chief Justice Roberts will follow his own previous decisions indicating that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional, Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) offers a disturbing reminder that Roberts knows something about convincing the Supreme Court to set aside the law for politics — Roberts was part of the legal team behind Bush v. Gore.
- New Jersey senate Democrats sink one of Gov. Chris Christie’s (R) nominees to the state supreme court.
- Diplomatic delays are preventing a former child soldier from being transferred out of Guantanamo Bay to a prison in his native Canada, despite an agreement to transfer him.
- A group of birthers add Mitt Romney to the list of people they think cannot be president, despite the fact that Romney was born in Detroit, Michigan.
- The Minnesota senate backed a Voter ID bill on an almost entirely party line vote — one Republican voted against the bill.