Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The NRA and various business groups are in a pitched battle over whether to force businesses to allow guns in their employees’ parked cars.
- A Florida judge declared Gov. Rick Scott’s (R) effort to cut state and local worker salaries unconstitutional.
- Thirty-one House Democrats called upon the Supreme Court to adopt increased ethics rules in light of repeated ethics scandals involving conservative Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Sam Alito.
- State Sen. Alan Hays (R-FL) is distributing an anti-Muslim booklet entitled “Radical Islam’s threat to the U.S. Constitution” to his colleagues.
- The award for the most unfortunate people to be assigned jury duty goes to the twelve men and women forced to watch scat and bestiality porn in a California obscenity trial. It ended in a mistrial.