Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The Labor Department ordered Walmart to pay $4.8 million in overtime that it denied to its vision-center managers and asset-protection coordinators.
- Mississippi lawmakers try to limit the state attorney general’s power to hire outside counsel to manage major litigation against corporate wrongdoers.
- The Tennessee legislature will not vote this year on a much maligned “guns in parking lots” bill pushed by the gun lobby.
- A bipartisan effort to make it tougher to amend the Colorado constitution died in the state house.
- The Kentucky Supreme Court struck down that state’s new state legislative maps.