Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens calls for tighter gun laws in response to the rash of high profile mass shootings over the last few years. Stevens correctly notes that bans on automatic weapons and other gun regulations are still permitted under the Second Amendment.
- The Ninth Circuit strikes down a Seattle ordinance shielding citizens from unwanted copies of the yellow pages.
- Meanwhile, on a more serious note, the same appeals court will consider whether to uphold a Bush-appointed judge’s decision striking down California’s greenhouse gas rules.
- Houston strip club owners are very upset that they have to pay taxes in order to protect rape victims.
- The Justice Department explains to a federal court why it shouldn’t get involved with Rep. Darrell Issa’s (R-CA) witchhunt against Attorney General Eric Holder.