Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Troy Davis is scheduled to be executed next week, despite the fact that seven of the nine non-police witnesses against him recanted their testimony.
- The Department of Justice finds widespread corruption and constitutional violations in the Puerto Rican police department.
- The ACLU of Michigan is suing to overturn a state law banning panhandling.
- Two progressive groups file yet another complaint against ethically-challenged Justice Clarence Thomas.
- Fifty-three percent of the people surveyed in a national poll support marriage equality.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was evacuated from a flight still on the runway after one of the engines began smoking.