In remarks to his campaign staff Obama said (see video here):
Those of you who are concerned about global warming? I don’t care what he says, John McCain is not going to push that agenda hard.
Given McCain’s increasing lameness and doubletalk on the issue, his obsession with costly nuclear pork and his weak climate plan compared to Obama’s (see earlier posts below), I couldn’t agree more.
- McCain double-talk express: Reid chose “to put politics above policy”
- McCain, NOT the candidate of change, says no to Boxer-L-W without giga-subsidies for nukes
- Speech, Part 4: Will McCain bring conservatives with him on climate? As if!
- Climate speech, part 3: John McCain loves big government
- McCain speech, Part 2: Relying on offsets = Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic
- Speech, Part 1: Anti-wind McCain delivers climate remarks at foreign wind company
- McCain reveals cynicism, hypocrisy with call for summer gas-tax holiday, energy budget freeze
- McCain’s Double-Talk Express on Global Warming
- No climate for old men: Why John McCain isn’t the candidate to stop global warming
- Obama: Climate bill is “good first step” but “not perfect”
- Obama’s excellent energy and climate plan
- Could a President Obama or Clinton stop global warming?
- Obama knows nukes, Planet Gore knows nothing